February 21, 2023
In 1994, through the generosity of several members of the Board of Trustees and at the direction of the President, the Trustees’ Outstanding Teacher Award was established. This award, which is given annually, recognizes outstanding accomplishments in classroom instruction and consists of a $10,000 honorarium.
The selection will be made based on evidence of sustained outstanding teaching as reflected by student evaluations from the last two years, peer evaluations, and letters of support from colleagues, alumni and alumnae, and students.
A selection committee will be charged with making a recommendation to the President, who will make the final selection.
The selection committee will consist of the following individuals:
- Mary Simoni, Acting Provost (Committee Chair)
- Craig Cook, Secretary of the Institute and General Council
- Keith Moo-Young, Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education
- Marianne Nyman, Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering and winner of the 2022 Trustees’ Outstanding Teacher Award
- Cait Bennett, Grand Marshal
All nominations should include the following information in a single PDF:
- Letter of Nomination
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of support from alumni and alumnae, students, colleagues, and/or administrators
Individual faculty or students are invited to submit nominations for both non-tenure-track and tenure-track/tenured faculty. All nominations must be submitted to the Office of the Provost via https://webforms.rpi.edu/trustees-outstanding-teacher-award-nomination-form
by Wednesday, March 1, 2023. The Office of the Provost will solicit the student evaluation material from the appropriate department and/or school for all nominations received.