2020 Trustees’ Outstanding Teacher Award
From the President's Desk
In 1994, through the generosity of several members of the Board of Trustees and at the direction of the President, the Trustees’ Outstanding Teacher Award was established. This award, which is given annually, recognizes outstanding accomplishments in classroom instruction and consists of a $10,000 honorarium.
The selection will be made based on evidence of sustained outstanding teaching as reflected by student evaluations from the last two years, peer evaluations, and letters of support from colleagues, alumni and alumnae, and students.
The selection committee will consist of the following individuals:
- Prabhat Hajela, Provost (Committee Chair)
- Mike Hanna, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education and Associate Professor of Biology
- Craig Cook, Secretary of the Institute and General Counsel
- Barbara Cutler, Associate Professor of Computer Science and winner of the 2019 Trustees’ Award
- Meagan Lettko, Grand Marshal
They will be charged with making a recommendation to the President, who will make the final selection. All nominations will remain in effect for two years and should include the following information:
- Letter of Nomination
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of support from alumni and alumnae, students, colleagues, and/or administrators
Individual faculty or students are invited to submit nominations for both non-tenure-track and tenure-track/tenured faculty. All nominations must be submitted to the Office of the Provost (ProvostOffice@rpi.edu) by 5:00 p.m., Friday, Feb. 14, 2020. The Office of the Provost will solicit the student evaluation material from the appropriate department and/or school for all nominations received.