2017 Trustees Outstanding Teacher Award
From the President's Desk
January 30, 2017
In 1994, through the generosity of several members of the Board of Trustees and at the direction of the President, the Trustees’ Outstanding Teacher Award was established. This award, which is given annually, recognizes outstanding accomplishments in classroom instruction and consists of a $10,000 honorarium.
The selection will be made based on evidence of sustained outstanding teaching as reflected by student evaluations from the last two years, peer evaluations, and letters of support from colleagues, alumni, and students.
The selection committee will consist of the following individuals:
- Prabhat Hajela, Provost (Committee Chair)
- Mike Hanna, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education and Associate Professor of Biology
- Craig A. Cook, Secretary of the Institute and General Counsel
- Ryan Gilbert, Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering and winner of the 2016 Trustees’ Award
- Paul Ilori, Grand Marshal
They will be charged with making a recommendation to the President, who will make the final selection. All nominations will remain in effect for two years and should include the following information:
- Letter of Nomination
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of support from alumni, students, colleagues, and/or administrators.
Individual faculty or students are invited to submit nominations no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, February 24, 2017 to Prabhat Hajela, Provost. The Office of the Provost will solicit the student evaluation material from the appropriate department and/or school for all nominations received.